County Department of Aging - 410-887-2594
This site contains several links to county programs that serve the senior population.
· “Taking Care of Mom and Dad,” an interactive program designed by the Baltimore County Department of Aging that contains a wealth of information. A free interactive CD-ROM of this website can be found at your local Baltimore County senior center or library.
· Curb Abuse in Medicare and Medicaid (CAMM).
Developed to increase senior awareness of healthcare fraud, waste and
· Senior Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP). Trained volunteers help seniors understand Medicare and complicated health insurance matters. Call 410-887-2594 or visit your local senior center.
· Baltimore County Department of Social Services – providing protective services for residents, case management, residential services, financial services, and assessments. Call 410-853-3000.
· Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)-
providing information on public housing, rental assistance, and fair
· Home Delivered Meals – call 410-887-2594.
City Commission on Aging
CARE Services – 410-396-4932
Assisted Living - 410-396-4932
Family Caregiver Program - 410-396-CARE (2273)
Home Delivered Meals and Services - 410-558-0827
Legal Services for the Elderly - 410-396-1322
Medicaid Waiver for Home and Community Based Services - 410-396-4932
Ombudsman/Advocacy - 410-396-3144
Senior Centers - 410-396-CARE (2273)
· Jewish Family Resources - 410-466-9200
MD Statewide resources
· Maryland Department of Aging –
providing information, resources, education, programs and services for
older Marylanders and their families.
Phone: 410-767-1100, Toll Free: 1-800-243-3425
· Senior Information and Assistance Local Offices - offering convenient access to information on services and benefits for older persons. This includes, but is not limited to information on transportation, income and financial aid, senior citizens centers and clubs, daily meals, pharmacy assistance, housing, volunteer opportunities, and more! In Baltimore County, call 410-887-2594.
· AARP Maryland State Office – Call 410-837-4300.
Health Care Commission - Health Care Links
Medicaid Waiver Programs
Issues Regarding Substance Abuse
Maryland Department of Disabilities
Insurance: Maryland Insurance Administration
Elderly and Aging Services
· Montgomery County Commission on Aging: 240-777-1120
County Quick Guide to Community Resources
This site includes many resources such as Meals on Wheels, Senior Centers, etc.
County Recreation Department
A link to senior programs
· The Adult Health & Development Program
Students work with adults age 50 & older as "personal coaches" to improve health,
well-being and health knowledge.
· Interages was
founded in Montgomery County in 1986 as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit with a
mission to address community needs through caring and supportive partnerships
between older adults and children and youth. Volunteer opportunities are always
Prince Georges County
· Administration on Aging: 301-265-8450
This is a listing of public transportation available. It contains Metro information,
timetables and schedules, etc.
· County offices on Aging: 1-877-222-3737
· Community Education and Wellness: 1-609-943-3499
Health promotion to foster well-being of older adults and their caregivers.
· Adult Protective Services: 1-800-792-8820
· MetroJersey.com, a directory of all New Jersey websites
· CCPED-Community Care Program for the Elderly and Disabled; Help individuals
remain in the community or return to the community rather than be cared for
in a nursing home or a hospital setting.
· Division of Senior Affairs: 1-800-792-8820
Senior Benefits: 1-800-792-9745, support services and Medicare D information
· Public Awareness, Information, Assistance and Outreach: 1-800-792-8820
Resources are available for federal, state and local programs.
For your county, call NJ EASE at 1-877-222-3737
· Aging and Disability Resource Connection (ADRC)
Aging: 1-877-222-3737 (EASE)
· Catholic Charities USA: 703-549-1390
· Senior Adult and Frail Elderly (SAFE) Advocacy Center Information
on referral services to older adults 908-497-3950
· Contact County offices of Aging for paratransit information.
NJ Transit: 1-800-772-3606
Motor Vehicles: 1-888-486-3339
Nursing Homes, Long Term Care, Assisted Living Facilities,
Independent Care, and Retirement Communities
· Search for Long Term Care facilities
· ElderLivingSource.com, a guide to Nursing Homes, Assisted Living and Other
Elder Living Communities
· SeniorOutlook.com, an Internet guide to senior housing
· Senior Transitions is dedicated to assisting seniors in finding communities that will
meet their increasing needs as they age.
You can call Senior Transitions for a referral at: 1-866-353-5337
Adult Day Services
· New Jersey Adult Day Services Assocation-NJADSA:1-732-329-8954
· To find a day center: www.senioroutlook.com
· National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys: 1-520-881-4005
Information on and how to find an elder care law attorney in New Jersey.
Home Health Care
· Home Care Association of New Jersey: 1-609-275-6100
· Visiting Nurse Association of Northern New Jersey; This Web site will give you
important information about the Visiting Nurse Association of Northern New
Jersey and their services. Call 1-800-938-4748
· ElderCarelink eases the stress of managing the care of your elderly loved ones
by quickly connecting you with the providers who meet the needs of your aging
family member—and you.
· Expert Home Care; The Live-In Home Health Care Specialists
· SeniorMag.com; Senior Home Care, Assisted Living, and Resources
· NJHA's Continuing Care Services Department is your one-stop for all post-acute
care topics - long-term acute care hospitals, nursing facilities, adult and pediatric
rehabilitation hospitals, assisted living, home health agencies, hospice agencies
and adult and pediatric day health.
· CaregiverNJ is a guide to available resources for adults and their families living
in New Jersey.
Volunteer OpportunitiesCorporation for National and Community Service
· “Guide to Retirement Living” in print and on the
Internet is an excellent source for all senior housing, assisted
living, nursing homes, home health care services in Maryland and New
Jersey. Visit their website at www.retirement-living.com/
1-800-394-9990 for a free copy of the magazine.
· “Senior Resources Booklet” is a free, yearly resource directory published by the Baltimore County Department of Aging. Copies are available at senior centers and libraries around Baltimore County.
Associations in which Friends Care, Inc. is a member:
Friends Services for the Aging
1777 Sentry Parkway West, Suite 208, Blue Bell, PA 19422
Phone: 215 619-7949
The FSA website is an excellent source for understanding Quaker philosophy and finding a listing of Quaker organizations around the United States.
American Association of Homes & Services for the Aging
2519 Connecticut Ave., NW, Washington, D.C. 20008
10280 Old Columbia Road, #220, Columbia, Maryland 21046
New Jersey Association of Non-Profit Homes for the Aging
13 Roszel Road, Suite B113, Princeton, NJ 08540-6211
The above links are provided for the convenience of our members and visitors. However, presence on this list does not constitute an endorsement of any organization, product or service, and the information contained within these sites has been neither endorsed nor approved by Friends Care, Inc or any of its subsidiary corporations.
If there are any problems with these links, or the websites are no longer available, please email us.